Civil EngineerApply now »
Date: Dec 28, 2018
Location:San Francisco, CA, US
REQUISITION NUMBER: TAME-USSF01830141
About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier Transportation is a global leader in rail technology and offers the broadest portfolio in the industry. It covers the full spectrum of rail solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling. The company also provides complete transport systems, e-mobility technology and maintenance services. As an innovation driver, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility. It provides integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
DescriptionBased in San Francisco, California, you will supervise and coordinate installation and testing to successfully install Bombardier trackwork for the extension of the guideway at the Bombardier service delivery center at the San Francisco Airport. You will also ensure the installed system meets the customer contract requirements and Bombardier policies and procedures.
In your role you will:
- Manage and direct the civil contractor’s work force to install the Bombardier trackwork, including concrete running surfaces, steel guidance beam, emergency walkway, and guideway switches;
- Plan access to the installation site for subcontractor work;
- Create site specific work plans, as required, to communicate installation activities to the larger team;
- Communicate at the end of each shift, a handover plan, as required;
- Ensure all are installed in accordance with the design drawings and with Bombardier specified construction tolerances;
- Perform and complete the required BTH test procedures with the subcontractors on installed work and resolve any discrepancy;
- Support Bombardier electrical installation engineer, as required, to coordinate logistics, handover to electrical installation, and station door installation activities;
- Support the safety committee and all HSE initiatives;
- Hold daily site briefings with subcontracts to ensure full understanding of activities and zones being worked.
QualificationsAs our ideal candidate:
- You hold an Associate’s degree;
- You have two (2) years of supervisory experience;
- You have knowledge of civil and mechanical installation with an understanding of electrical installation requirements helpful;
- You have excellent English communication skills, both written and spoken.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Job: Civil Engineering
Primary Location: US-CA-San Francisco
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 29.11.2018, 3:41:08 PM
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Job Segment: Civil Engineer, Construction, Engineer, Electrical, Engineering
Apply now »