Electrical EngineerApply now »
Date: Dec 28, 2018
Location:San Francisco, CA, US
REQUISITION NUMBER: TAME-USSF01830142
About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier Transportation is a global leader in rail technology and offers the broadest portfolio in the industry. It covers the full spectrum of rail solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling. The company also provides complete transport systems, e-mobility technology and maintenance services. As an innovation driver, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility. It provides integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
DescriptionBased in San Francisco, California, you will supervise subcontractors and coordinate installation and testing activities at a Service Delivery Center to successfully install and test a new train control system and central control upgrade. You will ensure the installed system meets the customer contract requirements and Bombardier policies and procedures.
In your role you will:
- Manage and direct the electrical subcontractor’s work for electrical installation of the extension to the AirTrain;
- Plan access to the installation site for subcontractor work coordinating with main contractor;
- Create site specific work plans to communicate installation activities to the larger team, customer and operator;
- Perform and complete the required BTH test procedures with the subcontractors on installed work and resolve any discrepancy;
- Arrange BTH personnel access to perform and implement the BTH system acceptance plan after installed works are complete;
- Support the safety committee and all HSE initiatives;
- Hold daily site briefings with subcontracts to ensure full understanding of activities and zones being worked.
QualificationsAs our ideal candidate:
- You hold an Associate’s degree;
- You have two (2) years of supervisory experience;
- You have knowledge of civil and mechanical installation with an understanding of electrical installation requirements helpful;
- You have excellent English communication skills, both written and spoken.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Job: Electrical/Electronics Engineering
Primary Location: US-CA-San Francisco
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 04.01.2019, 9:55:55 AM
18.02.2019, 11:59:00 PM
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Job Segment: Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineer, Engineer, Electrical, Engineering
Apply now »