San Francisco, CA
Company DescriptionDropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world’s creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Team DescriptionOur Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They’re building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
Site Reliability Engineers are mission-critical for Dropbox success. SREs have major impact across Dropbox engineering through optimizing web services, building our in-house multi-exabyte storage system (Magic Pocket), and in a host of other areas. Check out the Dropbox Tech Blog to learn more.
SREs at Dropbox are hybrid systems and software engineers integral to designing and managing our large scale infrastructure while improving reliability and efficiency. We're looking for engineers who want to be a part of developing, maintaining, and scaling infrastructure software. You will be part of a small family within Dropbox that has a huge impact on the world.
- You will build scalable infrastructure to manage metadata for hundreds of billions of files, exabytes of user data, and millions of concurrent connections
- You will design the systems and processes that Dropbox engineers use to manage and deploy their software in production
- You are expected to bring a voice to the table throughout the full software development lifecycle, and partner effectively with the rest of engineering, working together to come up with solutions that meet the needs of the business efficiently
- You will minimize risk of reliability related failure outcomes as pertaining to durability, availability, performance, and correctness
- BS (or higher, e.g., MS, or PhD) in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- 8+ years of industry experience
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software development
- Ability to diagnose technical problems, debug code, and automate routine tasks
- Analytical approach coupled with solid communication skills and a sense of ownership
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)