Örebro University is one of the fastest growing universities in Sweden, with more than 16.000 students and 1,200 staff. The university provides education and research in humanities, law, social science, science, technology, health care, medicine, education, music and sport science. The university offers 800 courses, 60 undergraduate programmes and 30 postgraduate programmes.
The university is spread over three campuses. At Campus Örebro three kilometres from the centre of Örebro you find the university’s main campus. The campus is like a small town – in addition to teaching facilities there are cafés, restaurants and housing. Midway between Stockholm and Oslo, in the town of Karlskoga, you find Campus Alfred Nobel. Here the programmes in health care and technology are offered. The campus is also host to the Modelling and Simulation Research School. In Grythyttan, 70 km north of Örebro, lies the School of Hospitality, Culinary Arts and Meal Science. Education and research in the field of culinary arts and hospitality science takes place here.
Örebro University is comprised of seven departments:
- Hospitality, Culinary Arts and Meal Science
- School of Health and Medical Sciences
- School of Humanities, Education and Social Sciences
- School of Law, Psychology and Social Work
- School of Music, Theatre and Art
- School of Science and Technology
- Swedish Business School at Orebro University