Financial advisory internship in UK
Rothschild & Co.
Vacancy: Long-term internship
Duration: 4 months (September-December 2017)
Team: Nordic coverage Division: Global Advisory
Rothschild & Co, one of the world’s largest independent global financial advisory groups, is looking for an intern to join its successful Global Advisory practice in the Nordic coverage team for a four-month internship starting September 2017.
About the position:
For the duration of your internship you will be working with the Nordic coverage team in London and will have the opportunity to get first-hand M&A experience in the Nordic region. You will be expected to work on live corporate finance transactions and marketing projects as well as assist in the research and analysis of different companies and sectors. Graduates from recent years are always on hand to guide you and you will find that, as part of a team, you will learn a lot both from junior and senior members.
Long-term interns are recruited from all degree disciplines. A high level of academic achievement is required, together with strong numeracy as well as excellent social and interpersonal skills.
Your internship gives us a chance to get to know you. If the internship goes well, we will consider you for an offer on the following year's Graduate Programme.
- Conduct independent research and gather information from publicly available and internal sources
- Provide specified input for company profiles, presentations and other documents
- Provide input and editing of Excel-based models, including application of various valuation techniques
- Update team credentials and Nordic PE market related materials
- Attend internal and external calls and meetings
- Provide support for various administrative tasks
- Liaise with other junior Nordic coverage team members as well as other teams within Global Advisory
- Assist in driving internal operational excellence
Corresponding skills and attributes:
- Strong academic performance
- Native knowledge of Danish and fluent in English
- Strong interest in the Nordic market
- Genuine interest in corporate finance and M&A in particular
- Very strong analytical and numerical skills
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Diligent and committed to excellence
- Attention to detail, ability to handle multiple tasks and sound organisation of work
- Ambitious, driven and capable of delivering results while working under tight deadlines