This position gives unique opportunity to become a part of a team in Northern Europe for a newly established department. You will have a full ownership of the people and project management. If you consider yourself to have a 'can-do' attitude as well as excellent leadership and team management skills, this would be an ideal role for you! Interested? If so, please apply.
SBU NEU > Construction > BoP
Vestas Northern Europe is a sales business unit covering Scandinavia, UK, Ireland and Poland. We are responsible for the sales, installation and service of wind farms throughout these regions. We strive to be the No. 1 performing business unit within Vestas, and we aim to make Vestas Northern Europe the best place to work. Combined, the ambitions will make sure that Vestas stays a leader not only in Modern Energy, but also in employee and customer satisfaction.
The Construction Department is responsible for the delivery of all signed projects within Vestas Northern Europe. The organisation is set up to handle the local markets and to have HSE Professionals that understands the different requirements and conditions on the different markets, but also be capable of working with projects across borders as we are set up as an international department.
As Site manager your main responsibility is to secure effective management of all aspects of site performance and execution, including scheduling and installation according to the project plan with strong focus on cost control and customer satisfaction. Your work will take place on a 14/14 day rotation pattern across construction sites located in the NEU region, ensuring proper management of in-house and third party staff.
Your responsibilities will also include:
- Responsible for implementing Vestas Health & Safety rules for Vestas and Subcontractor on site.
- Comply with legal requirements, construction and safety codes, and other regulations
- Prepare sites prior to the start of construction work. Establish site and ensure high standard of welfare facilities are maintained. Drive performance and efficiency on site. Create and manage high performing teams. Site visits / Inductions. Manage subcontractors/control all working permits/authorizations are in place. Drive daily tool box meetings and de-briefs with subcontractors.
- Deliver on business and project KPIs.
- Follow the “Construction Site Manual” process.
- Daily management and progressing of site activities in cooperation with internal and external resources ensuring time schedule from site establishment to turbine/plan test completion.
- Interpret and explain contracts and technical information.
- Liaising with clients and reporting progress.
- Maintaining quality control procedures.
- Initiate POs/PRs.
- Perform visual management.
- Responsible for first notification of NCR and implementation of needed actions to solve issues.
- Checking and preparing site reports including summary of construction progress, specific quality documentation and as-built documents, registration of site activities and reporting to the project and project manager.
- Execute project ensuring it meets agreed specifications, budgets and time. Ensure project documents are complete. Project accounting functions including managing the budget, tracking of team expenses and minimizing exposure and risk in the project.
- Responsible for as-built documentation.
- Hand-over to customer and service (sign-off).
- Follow-up on delivery schedules and shipping coordination, control, registration and approval of arriving goods.
- In addition to these duties, employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required.
- Extensive experience of supervision at construction sites at large industrial and construction companies.
- Basic electrical, mechanical and civil knowledge
- Solid, proven history of experience as a Site Manager
- Excellent oral and written skills in English
- Preferable HND / Degree in Engineering Discipline (Mechanical / Electrical or Civil Engineering
- Understanding of BAS-U role
- Leadership and good at creating performing teams
- Strong drive and goal oriented
- Self-motivated and “hands on” approach
- Proactive and service minded
- Strong planning skills
What we offer
We are a team of skilled and committed colleagues who are all enthusiastic about wind energy. We have a good atmosphere within the department and everyone is always prepared to help out when needed. You will have the opportunity developing a career within a very exciting industry in a global company. A competitive salary and benefits package are on offer.
The head office for the sales business unit Vestas Northern Europe is located in Malmö, but your work will take place on construction sites all over the NEU region. Therefore, in this position you should anticipate a high level of travel activities across the NEU region.
For further information please call Martin Whittle on 44 1925 857120.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on wind power solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 78 GW of wind turbines in 75 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled 68 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 21,900 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.