Special Task Service Technician
Are you interested of heavy advanced work tasks? Would you like to work on heights with heavy cranes changing generators, gearbox etc? Then this might be the job for you.
Service Sweden/Finland > Planning > Special Task Field Trainers SEVestas Northern Europe is a sales business unit covering Scandinavia, UK, Ireland, Poland and the Baltic’s. We are responsible for the sales, installation and service of wind farms throughout these regions. We strive to be the No. 1 performing business unit within Vestas, and we aim to make Vestas Northern Europe the best place to work.
The Service department is responsible for service and maintenance of the wind farms within Scandinavia. The department has an open and informal culture, where team work and good communication is the key to our success. You will have the opportunity to work in an exciting industry and in a team of highly motivated employees. Special Task is responsible for the latest technology and the new initiatives in service to build and share the competence with Service Nordic. We have in addition to our regular tasks in Scandinavia also the responsibility to support our Special task colleagues in other countries in the region.
ResponsibilitiesIn this position you will be a part of our Swedish/Finnish Special Task team. You will have an important role in delivering services and solutions that fulfills our customers’ expectations.
Your primarily tasks will be:
- Work with replacement and reparations of main components.
- Secure that Vestas procedures and instructions are followed, especially in relation to safety rules and policies.
- Continuously give input and ideas to improvements on technical documentation, work instructions and certification processes.
- Perform special tasks (uptower repairs, main component replacements, etc.).
- Completed mechanical and/or electrical apprentenship or degree from a technical school/college/university
- Qualified mechanical experience
- Electrical and hydraulic experience is an advantage
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience
- Comfortable working at heights, coping with the respective challenges this brings.
- High level of safety awareness
- Fluency in English, good communication skills in Swedish or Finnish
- Driving license
- Be flexible as the position requires travelling activities
- Be positive and energetic
- Be thoughtful and investigating
- Be independent and resourceful in order to solve issues even when no support is available.
What we offerWith this position, we offer freedom with responsibility in a stimulating environment of a fast growing international company. Apart from that we will offer you a competitive salary, an attractive benefits package and an ambitious education plan for your professional development.
Additional informationWork place: Mainly Sweden and Finland, but work in other Nordic countries. Travelling activities are estimated to 100-150 days per year, 4-14 days at the time.
For further information about the position please contact recruiter Elin Holm, 46 73 073 99 03.
Last day of application is 2nd July 2017. We will be handling applications on an ongoing basis.
WIND. IT MEANS THE WORLD TO US.Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 83 GW of wind turbines in 75 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 73 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions. Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 22,000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.