Do you want to fast track your career by joining Global Procurement's Intern Programme? Are you motivated by driving negotiations, cost out, building business case and strategic partnerships? We would like to hear from you if this sounds interesting!
Vestas is looking for 6-8 Talents for our Intern Programme in Global Procurement – Full year (Incl. Thesis). The opportunity is for all that are expecting to finalize their master's degree in the summer of 2018. This is your chance to get a taste for the world of Global Procurement with the leading Wind Turbine Manufacturer in the world.
Vestas Global Procurement is overall responsible for buying, tactical purchasing and strategic sourcing activities within Vestas Wind System A/S. Our team of Buyers and Purchasers is selecting suppliers, negotiating contracts and securing delivery of products and services for all Vestas factories, service technicians and office locations.
To keep Vestas competitive, Global Procurement imperative is to identify and build relations with the best suppliers, reduce waste across the value chain and deliver benchmark cost levels for our products and services.
We are always looking for new suppliers and innovation to deliver high quality products at the right time and most competitive cost. We develop best practices anchored in tools, systems and processes to drive continuous improvement and unified execution in Procurement.
We live the Vestas values: Accountability, Collaboration and Simplicity which form the backbone of our culture in terms of striving for world class. We want to be a high performing team and we always aspire to offer interesting jobs and challenges creating the best place to work.
As a Global Procurement Intern you will drive and help the business to:
- Optimise the current supply base including the cost base
- Providing input to and drive implementation of the category strategies
- Analyse cost structures, spend and demand patterns and Macro-economic effects and impacts
- Drive continuous improvement programs both internally and at the suppliers with special focus on cost saving initiatives, supplier optimisation and component standardisation
- You should expect a high pace environment with many dedicated highly educated colleagues and you are expected to contribute with theoretical knowledge and be able to deliver in a practical context
You are currently a Master’s degree student within International Business, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Economy or a similar relevant line of study.
Moreover, you are:
- Fluent in English, both written and orally
- Able to balance multiple tasks simultaneously
Furthermore, you are looking for work experience and a possible entry route to a job after completing your studies.
As a person, you are:
- Professional and dedicated by nature with a strong sense of quality
- Constructive, full of initiative, and thrive in a challenging environment of ambitious people.
- Flexible with a can-do attitude and an innovative mind-set
- Able to work independently and at the same time, you are a team player, always working towards reaching a common goal.
Additionally, you have strong conceptual thinking and communicative skills.
What we offer
Be part of a team of interns whom we try to develop into our next talents. The internship will be in autumn 2017 where we try to build your competencies together with the other interns. In spring 2018, you will write your Thesis in collaboration with Vestas based on a strategically important topic. In connection, you will be offered a student job alongside your studies.
You will join an international environment where you will collaborate with various stakeholders. You will gain relevant work experience and be part of an ambitious team with high work ethics and a good social spirit. In Vestas, you will experience a fast-paced environment where no days are ever the same, strengthening your personal as well as your professional growth.
Work location: Hedeager 42, 8200 Århus N. Travel is not expected but could occur.
For additional information, please contact HR Business Partner Lars Bech Munksgaard on tel. +45 4226 2286.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on wind power solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 78 GW of wind turbines in 75 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled 68 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 21,900 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.