Full Load Transport Planner
DFDS Germany_Hamburg Logistics & Cuxhaven Seaways
DFDS provides shipping and transport services in Europe, generating annual revenues of EUR 1.8bn.
To over 8,000 freight customers, we deliver high performance and superior reliability through shipping & port terminal services, and transport & logistics solutions.
For six million passengers, we provide safe overnight and short sea ferry services.Our 7,000 employees are located on ships and in offices across 20 countries. DFDS was founded in 1866, is headquartered in Copenhagen, and listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen.
Join DFDS Logistics in Hamburg
Full Load Transport Planner
DFDS provides shipping and transport services in Europe, generating annual revenues of EUR 1.8bn. To over 8,000 freight customers, we deliver high performance and superior reliability through shipping & port terminal services, and transport & logistics solutions. For six million passengers, we provide safe overnight and short sea ferry services. Our 7,000 employees are located on ships and in offices across 20 countries. DFDS was founded in 1866, is headquartered in Copenhagen, and listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen.
A vacancy has arisen for a Full Load Transport Planner at DFDS Logistics Ltd, based in Hamburg-Harburg, Germany.
To be a point of coordination and contact for Customer, haulers/drivers, and commercial/ shipping departments where issues relating to operation and service are communicated and handled in a satisfactory manner. This person should be dynamic and conscientious with a high focus on delivering a good customer service at all times as well as constant monitoring of costs.
Principle responsibilities and activities:
- To be the 1st contact for customers; arrange bookings, and providing information.
- Follow up and deal with upcoming situations, e.g. late pick-up or delivery, or internal queries keeping the customer informed as necessary.
- Customer liaison i.e. dealing with all customer requirements, such as special requests and general queries always ensuring that their requirements are met.
- Maintain awareness of business opportunities
- Ensure all bookings are properly administered in the system at the end of each work day, customers, bookings, information etc.
- This role entails being a member of a small team of dedicated logistics planners.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral, in both English and German are a must.
- Making sure that the agreed Service Level to our clients is delivered day in day out.
- Strong computer skills will be required.
- Strong Teamwork with other colleagues to make sure that all deliveries and collections are effected in a timely manner
- And anything else that may be required from time to time by management.
- Liaise with drivers and all other operatives in the chain, co-ordinate their requirements and deal with any queries
- Monitor delivery/collection schedules
- To be available outside office hours for urgent calls and to assist in the solving of problems during this time.
- To undertake relevant training as appropriate.
- Good drive, enthusiasm and persuasive skills
- Problem solving mindset/ability to manage conflicting priorities
Exciting career opportunities:
We offer you an interesting workplace and a key role in a growing international company. You will get to work with many different professional groups. For the right candidate there will be great opportunities for professional growth.
All applications will be treated in confidence. If you are interested in the role and feel you can fulfill the expectations, please submit your CV and application in English or German for the attention of Gabriel Kroes - HR Advisor, at by no later than 30 June 2017.
If you want to know more about, the ‘DFDS Way and Behavior’ and our amazing employees please look at DFDS Connect http://www.dfdsconnects.com/
DFDS are an equal opportunity employer.
Expected Start Date: