Structural Composite Engineers
The Blade Structural Engineering team is looking for a number of Composite Structural Engineers to design and develop Wind Turbine Blades. You will work in a multi-cultural team of highly motivated Engineers and apply theoretical and practical knowledge in the structural design of large composite structures. Joining this team offers an exciting and challenging opportunity to shape the blades of the future.
Wind Capture & T&H > Rotor Engineering > Structural Engineering & Materials & NDTThe Blade Structural Engineering department develops blades with the mindset: Accountability from cradle to grave. The department seeks a highly qualified engineer with primarily composite structural engineering and analysis expertise, but also with deep knowledge of composite materials and their application and processing.
- Lead projects in the development of new blades and technologies
- Nurture, develop and apply future technologies to wind turbine blades
- Structural concepts and idea generation
- Design of blades being structurally efficient yet still manufacture able
- Performing analytical and FEA based calculations, considering both extreme and fatigue strength, and relating to testing results
- Documentation and certification work
- Test specifications and validation reports
- Use of FMEAs and other tools to ensure robust and efficient design and verifications
- Development of analysis tools and calculations methods
- Solid theoretical knowledge in structural engineering of complex and highly loaded composite structures, minimum at M.Sc. or M.Eng. level
- Hands on experience in design of composite structures, preferably large scale ones
- Experience of structural analysis of composite materials at full structure and detail levels
- Experience in validation of analysis results against other sources, such as test
- Experience in the specification or development of analysis tools and methods
- Strong cooperative and accountability mindset
Further, it would be desirable if you have:
- PhD specialization with composite materials
- Experience with ANSYS, Hypermesh and ProE
- Understanding of programming, preferably Python, and high performance computing
- Exposure to 6-Sigma and DFSS methodologies, or equivalent
- Enthusiasm for our industry
- Collaborative mindset
- Confident and effective communication skills
- Problem-solving mentality
What we offerWe offer exciting positions with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development in an inspiring environment at the world’s leading wind turbine producer. We value initiative, responsibility and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions. You will become part of a highly professional environment with a strong technical and commercial commitment. You will get a unique opportunity to influence the building of projects and your own position in an informal and rapidly developing environment.
Additional informationThe department is based on Isle of Wight, UK or in Lem, Denmark. Some travel activities are to be expected.
For more information please contact recruiter Martin Whittle on 44(0)1925 857120.
About Vestas Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on wind power solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 78 GW of wind turbines in 75 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled 68 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 21,900 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.