Opportunity to join the team that is the first in the world to make the new blades and product upgrades for Vestas Blades. After tens of thousands of engineering hours you are accountable to bring all this work together into the first blade build to prove the design, production concepts and tooling equipment all work as planned so that the production of thousands of blades across the world can be released after your approval.
Blades > PE & Strategic Projects > Blades ProcessBlades Production Engineering is accountable for the delivery of the manufacturing Production Basis, including development of process and tooling of the blades in Vestas. Blades Process EMR is accountable to take all the PE engineering deliverables and ensure that all the work can be brought together to build the first blades (and product upgrades) which will also be both cut up and used on test rigs to achieve certification of the new product. Due to the tight timelines of getting new blades to market it is common that only 2-4 blades are used at this stage of development therefore the ability to organize in a structured manner, following up and tracking deliverables against the time plan precisely and to technically be capable to ensure the engineering work is vital to avoid unplanned delays to market and a major part of this role. The end customer for this role is the team that will take over the developed production and take the product into its first prototype run.
ResponsibilitiesThe prototype EMR technician will be expected to support the goals and objectives of the production concepts team by providing a flexible approach to a broad range of job tasks.
Reporting to the manager/team leader of the prototype team within the production engineering department, together they will provide a safe, professional and reliable solution to new production processes in conjunction with other departments (Power solutions/Test and verification), and support to Vestas A/S worldwide on new and existing process integration.
These will include but not be limited to:
- Create a safe working environment via risk assessment
- Assisting/run trials, and proving results in data formats.
- Understanding/creation of work instruction
- Read and understand drawing/schematics/tolerances
- Working independently or in a group.
- Experience in a composite environment, ideally from our industry but you may come from and R&D background with similar hands on experience
- HND/HNC or similar education would be preferable
- Good knowledge of IT systems (word/excel/powerpoint/visio/ MS Project/ DMS)
- Ability to apply HSE requirements to shop floor
- Composite Engineering
- Business and quality system knowledge
- Lean manufacturing 5S, VSM, standard works,
- Data collecting and analyzing skills
- Excellent communications skills at all levels and locations
- Experience of working independently, as well as in a group/team
- Reliable and hard-working with a good attention to detail
- Calm and focused when working under difficult or pressurised conditions
- Flexible and adaptable to changes
- Enjoys challenges and finding solutions
- Experience of working abroad, and understand different cultures
- Full and clean driving license
What we offerCompetitive salary, Pension, Life Insurance, Health Care (dental, eye care). As well as offering a competitive salary and benefits package, we put the emphasis on developing both personal and professional skills. There is a progression opportunity into management. In return, we expect you to go the extra mile to achieve results.
We offer you a job in a global organization with excellent opportunities for cross cultural and personal development. Emphasis is placed on the balance between meeting demanding deadlines and developing high quality innovative solutions to the business.
You will be joining a team working at a high professional level in a high pace environment and with a high level of commitment.
Join Vestas and you’ll cultivate your career in an inspiring environment at the world’s leading wind turbine producer, which has an ongoing dedication to sustainability. We value individual initiative, the desire to take on responsibility, and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions. At Vestas your success is our success.
Additional informationYour workplace will based in the Lem, Denmark but travel to other Vestas sites as required. You will be required to work in other production business units around the world for approximately. 90 days a year.
For more information please contact recruiter Martin Whittle: 01925 857120.
About Vestas Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on wind power solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 78 GW of wind turbines in 75 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled 68 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 21,900 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.