Centre for Alcohol and Drug Research, Department of Psychology and Behavioural Sciences at Aarhus University invites applications for a position in social science drug and alcohol research at Associate Professor level.
Centre for Alcohol and Drug Research (CRF) is an interdisciplinary social science research centre. The successful candidate holds a PhD within a social science discipline, such as anthropology, economy, political science, psychology or sociology, and has research experience within social science drug and alcohol research. The candidate is expected to develop one or more areas within the social science drug and alcohol research field (e.g. treatment, prevention, consumption, policy) theoretically and methodologically.
The position is vacant from January 1 2018 or soon after.
Further particulars on the position may be obtained from Torsten Kolind, Tel. 871 65767, E-mail:
Applicants must possess research qualifications and teaching skills corresponding to those obtained after successful completion of a period of employment as an assistant professor, but equivalent academic qualifications may also be accepted. Permanent employment as an associate professor at Aarhus School of Business and Social Sciences requires completion of the supervision course provided by the Centre for Learning and Education at Aarhus School of Business and Social Sciences. In case the candidate has not completed the course before commencement of employment, continued employment will be conditional on prompt completion of the supervision course (Centre for Teaching and Learning).
Terms of employment
The appointment is in accordance with the Memorandum on Job Structure for Academic Staff at Danish Universities as well as the circular on the Collective Agreement for Academics Employed by the State.
The job content and qualification requirements are described in further detail in Circular on Terms of Employment for Academic Staff at Universities.
It is obligatory to attach the following when you apply for this position:
• Curriculum Vitae. You are encouraged to declare any periods of leave without research activity, including, for example, maternity leave, since your research activities are assessed in relation to your actual research time
• Education (diploma for master's, PhD and possibly higher doctoral degree)
• List of publications (the enclosed publications must be clearly marked on the list of publications)
• Publications. Up to 10 publications can be included in the application. In the event of several authors the publications must be accompanied by a co-author statement concerning the applicant's share of the collaborative work with the consent of the co-authors. This form can be used for the purpose
• Teaching portfolio. The specific requirements regarding the documentation can be found here
Materials which cannot be uploaded together with the application may be submitted in five copies to Aarhus BSS HR & PhD, Aarhus University, Tåsingegade 1, 2nd floor, DK-8000 Aarhus C.
Read more about how to apply for an academic post at Aarhus BSS here.
The evaluation process
After the application deadline, an assessment committee is appointed. Please note that the assessment of applicants is based solely on the material received prior to the application deadline. For further information, see Guidelines for Assessment Committee, Aarhus BSS.
All interested candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of personal background.
Alle ansøgninger skal være lavet online og modtaget midnat dansk lokaltid senest:
04. september 2017